Friday, June 09, 2006

A Thought on Psalm 119:165

As I have studied this verse I have seen some very wonderful thoughts. One of which I was very encouraged by. Spurgeon in his Treasury of David writes, "These men are ever striving, with all their hearts, to walk in obedience to the law, and though they are often persecuted they have peace, yea, great peace; for they have learned the secret of the reconciling blood, they have felt the power of the comforting Spirit, and they stand before the Father as men accepted." Here he is talking about those who love the teaching and instruction of the Lord. He precedes this statement by explaining that these men were not men who totally kept the law completely. He ends his commentary on this verse with another wonderful statement about the peace that those who love the Lord have. "That peace which is founded upon conformity to God's will is a living and lasting one, worth writing of with enthusiasm, as the Psalmist here does." This thought was an encouraging one to me because it even further confirms God's call for me, because the peace that I have is founded on doing God's will.
What an awesome thought! As I love the teaching and instruction of God's truth and follow it; He will give me peace, but not just peace...He will give me great peace...a peace that passes all understanding (Phi_4:7). It is a wonderful thought as well that the more and more I dwell on Him and His teaching of truth (found in His Word), He will keep me in perfect peace (Isa_26:3). Oh, that I would have a life controlled by the wonderful peace of God--found through the teaching of His glorious truth, so that I would not cause others to offend nor would I be offended.

Thought for the Day: Am I letting the peace of God rule in my heart by loving His teaching and instruction of truth? What am I doing to be a stumbling block to others today because I'm not living according to God's teaching and instruction of truth?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home