Sunday, June 11, 2006

Power to Prevail!

Psalm 119:95
Satan is seeking to destroy me (1Pe_5:8). He is out to ruin my usefulness for the work of the Lord, and will stop at nothing to do so. The question I have to ask myself is "What do I find myself meditating on?" Here the psalmist is saying that he knows people are out to destroy him and his usefulness in the ministry, but he is still going to consider the testimonies of the LORD. He is sitting in sweet meditation on the testament of God's truth and heeding the warnings God gives about sin in spite of people trying to ruin his reputation. He knows that God is more important than anything, and God will protect him from the attacks of those who are trying to destroy him (see Daniel 6). What a challenge...to sit in meditation on the testament of God's truth in the face of opposition from the enemy himself!
I need to choose to study the Word of God over the things that are going on around me. Without the Word I find myself in a very weak and vulnerable state because of spiritual malnutrition. I need to have a hunger for what the Word has to teach me, so when the enemy does come throughout the day I can fight with full strength. I need to have a hunger and thirst for righteousness (Mat_5:6), I need an attitude that longs for the Word (Psa_42:1), and I need to trust in the power of the Word to change my life and help me overcome the enemy.
When I live in fixed meditation of Your testimonies the enemy cannot prevail. Help me to meditate on them continuously throughout the day. Help me to walk with a mind that is totally fixed on You! I need Your strength to overcome the enemy and it is not found anywhere apart from prayer and Your word. Help me to study Your word, to love Your word, to esteem it above everything else. Give me a thirst that cannot be quenched and a hunger that cannot be satisfied for Your precious word.

Thought for the Day: Stay in fixed meditation on the testaments of God's truth and His warnings against sin, and the enemy will not prevail!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! Thank you Tim! And thank you God! I really needed that!

~Korin

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home