Friday, August 10, 2007

The Most High Thinks about the most lowly

It has been quite some time since I last published anything on here. I was actually not certain that many people were visiting. But I have recently received some feed-back and will keep posting as I find time.
Have you ever said, "No one cares about me!" or "They don't even know I'm here!" I can't tell you how many times I have heard those statement, let alone how many times I've found myself saying them. But in light of what Scripture says, those thoughts are wrong. We are told time and time again that the Most High thinks about the most lowly. Think about that! God, the Most High, thinks about us, the most lowly. In the Psalms you will read about the thoughts of God toward us, and how they are more than can be numbered (Ps. 40:5, 139:17-18, etc.). How awesome! The Creator of the universe thinks about me and you...sinners! This is truly a wonderful thought to dwell on today..."Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly..." (Psalm 138:6) C. H. Spurgeon gives this thought concerning this passage, "In greatness, dignity, and power, Jehovah is higher than the highest. His nature is high above the comprehension of his creatures, and his glory even exceeds the loftiest soarings of imagination. [Yet] He views them with pleasure, thinks of them with care, listens to their prayers, and protects them from evil." (taken from Spurgeon's Treasury of David)
So next time you think that no one really is caring about you or thinking about you...remember the Most High God is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home